Glacier Ski Club is an incorporated not for profit ski club with approximately 125 racers. We are a competitive racing club but our motto is "to have fun while helping each other to achieve our best". We are family-oriented and rely on a strong network of volunteers to ensure a well-coordinated and successful club.
Our competitive ski program, delivered by CSCF trained coaches, prepares children and teenagers to compete in the Southern Ontario Division in Slalom and GS, within the following age groups:
- U8 Development Team (ages 6 - 7)
- U10 (ages 8 and 9)
- U12 (ages 10 and 11)
- U14 Racing (ages 12 and 13)
- U16 Racing (ages 14 and 15)
- U18, U21 Racing (ages 16-17 and 18-20)
- Competitive Ski Program for Ontario Cup and FIS (for U14, U16 and U18)
Glacier operates out of the Mount St Louis Moonstone ski area, just north of Barrie. Glacier has its own private club house on the 3rd floor at the Moonstone Chalet. There is a large screen TV, large windows facing the hill and plenty of storage for bags, helmets and accessories.
Races take place at various ski clubs and resorts in and around southern Ontario.
The Heights/Glacier High Performance Pre-Season Camp – U14/U16/U18
Sat. Nov. 24 to Thurs. Dec. 6, 2018
SUN PEAKS SKI RESORT
The Nancy Greene International Race Centre at Sun Peaks is an internationally renowned facility boasting consistent and dependable conditions, unrivaled grooming, and a dedicated chairlift, providing the very best training ground for some of the world’s finest race teams. https://www.sunpeaksresort.com/ski-ride/the-mountain/race-centre
**Best suited for independent & motivated U14-U18 athletes – 10 athletes, 3 coaches
Departure Saturday November 24 – Flights TBA
· Transfer from Kamloops Airport to Sun Peaks at 1:30 PM Sat. Nov. 24
· 12 nights accommodation at The Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Center - http://www.sunpeaksgrand.com/
SKI PACKAGE INCLUSIONS
o Double occupancy Deluxe guestroom accommodation
o Three (3) hearty and healthy meals per day served at the Sun Peaks Grand Hotel & Conference Centre
o Daily Race Centre access, including lift and lane access
o One (1) complimentary private ski locker (coach will have key to lock)
o Complimentary access to ski tuning area - shared with other teams
o Complimentary WiFi in all guestrooms at the hotel as well as in public areas
o Complimentary access to the hotel’s heated outdoor pool and hot tubs, sauna and onsite fitness facility
- · Fully chaperoned camp
- · Coaches – TBD at least 1 female coach to attend
- · Daily dryland sessions
- · Daily video sessions
- · 10 days skiing and coaching
- · 1 Day free ski drills, 4 Days Slalom in gates, 3 Days GS in gates, 2 Days Speed track training – SG
FLIGHTS NOT INCLUDED – Fly to Kamloops to meet transfer at 1:30 pm on November 24.
Book flights ASAP!!!!!
· $3875.00 includes all taxes, resort fees and transfers
· One-week option Nov. 24 – Nov. 30 - $2250 plus flights.
$500 Deposit required by September 30, 2018 through Glaciers registration system.