FIS & OCup Racing Programs
What is the Ontario Cup Series or “OCup”?
- The OCup is a provincial wide race series that will bring together the best racers from across the province and is the highest standard of competition for the U14/U16 age groups in Ontario.
- The OCup consists of events specific to U14 – U16 that align with the train to race ratio as recommended in Alpine Canada’s AIM2WIN for each age group.
- Any athlete that has participated in the past or plans to participate in a high performance or extended program should register in Ocup.
- Point races are typically organized as follows (indicative only and based on 2023/2024season):
- Mid-Winter races
- 4 weekdays at escarpment clubs from late January to early February for both U14 and U16.
- U14/U16: Date and location to be announced
- All points and practice races are expected to be held on weekdays throughout the season at various clubs.
Glacier Program Outline and Objectives
- Program operated by Glacier Ski Club with coaches employed by Glacier Ski Club.
- Maximize number of days on snow with regular training at both MSLM and, if possible, escarpment clubs.
- Leverage OCUP practice races early in the season and before point races to complement Glacier training days on escarpment, if possible.
- Leverage Ontario FIS races to earn FIS points to enter late season FIS series in Ontario, Quebec and the United States (depending on quota allocations).
- Pre-season camps to be held in November or early December at Panorama B.C and Sun Peaks.
- Speed camp to be held in February (details to follow).
Training Program Options
- Three dedicated coaches for 15 to 20 athletes.
- Training as many weeks as possible from December to March.
- Friday training at MSLM and select weeks at escarpment clubs.
- Christmas Camp
- Additional weekday or weekend training days as determined by the coaches.
- Races (including practice races and point races) to be determined by the coaches subject to AOA calendar and in collaboration with parents.
- Includes all coaching fees for the program
- Extras: AOA Registration fees, AOA fitness testing (mandatory), all races fees, dryland training (recommended but optional), pre-season camp (recommend but optional), MSLM season’s pass and escarpment lift passes.
- Coaches expenses for away races (outside of Huronia and Collingwood) and speed camp are extra.
- Additional optional races such as Whistler Cup are extra.
- *Proposed program dates, if coaches determine that the program starts earlier any additional training day is included.
Payment Schedule and Reimbursement Policy
- Max (SOD) Fees
- Max (SOD) Club Fee: $3250
- Race Fee: $200 (For SOD Fees - Club is collecting Race Fees (excluding Invitationals) and paying on behalf of all SOD athletes)
- Total Fee: $3450
- Max (OCUP/FIS) Fees
- Total Fee: $3250 (Fees do not include any race fees - To be collected throughout the season based on races entered)
- 2 installment payments (50% upon registration, 50% on December 1).
- Glacier Ski Club reimbursement policy applies (prior to November 30, 2023 reimbursement of all paid fees less $200 administrative fee, no reimbursement after December 1, 2023)
- If the program is canceled for public health reasons on or prior to December 15, 2023 Glacier Ski Club will issue a full refund or allow athletes to secure their place in the program at the 2023/2024 price by forfeiting a refund of their program fees and deferring membership to the following year.
- If the program is canceled for public health reasons after December 15, 2023 Glacier Ski Club will reimburse part of the program fees depending on, without limitations, time of cancellation, services already provided to athletes and prior commitments to deliver the program.
- 15% discount on 3rd sibling in SOD program
- 15% discount on 2nd sibling in OCUP program